Lots going on this week. Last night was our hospital tour which was fun and informative, passing my glucose test which was AWESOME, painting and molding is done in the nursery, and nursery furniture is being delivered Monday. I promise this outfit looked much more flattering in the mirror this morning...
This week, your baby weighs over 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.
The light at the end of the tunnel is growing brighter for both you and your baby. With only 13 weeks left (give or take a couple of days), it's time to enjoy the ride because it's getting shorter. As your baby bump expands, you may experience a few growing pains: Your skin may itch as it stretches. Meals may be smaller, but you may want to eat more often as your stomach has less room. Heartburn and indigestion can be frequent as your stomach is pushed up closer to your esophagus. And the added baby weight puts pressure on your bladder, meaning you're still visiting the bathroom often. If you're terrified by the idea of labor, you're not alone. Maybe you worry you won't know you're going into labor, that the pain will be too intense, or that you'll have an emergency C-section. Theses concerns are normal, but by learning more about what scares you, you'll feel better about delivery day.
Oh and my public apology to Shaun... I told him I would not buy baby clothes and guess what came in the mail last night... That's right, 8 beautiful tiny baby outfits from Gymboree. They were having a huge sale, plus I found a 30% off my entire order coupon, but I did feel bad for doing something we decided not to do. I ordered most in 6-12 months size, because I figured people would probably get us some newborn and 0-3 month outfits. I can't wait to see them on her.
Sorry I bought these beautiful outfits, honey :) I'll do better in the future.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
27 Weeks!
Posted by Jessi_Murph at 8:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment