CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

26 weeks

Which means I'm 1 week away from being in my 3rd trimester. Scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaary how fast my 2nd trimester went. Charley is a little maniac. I swear she was hit by gamma rays and turns into hulkbaby every night. It's fun when I can put Shaun's hand on my belly and we can both feel all her jabs, kicks and flips. It's even fun when she wakes me up at 2am to start her next round which she usually does, but I'm not so happy when I can't go back to sleep or the next morning when I have to wake up after being up most of the night with her.

This week your baby-to-be opens her eyes for the first time. She'll open and shut her eyes as she gets used to her new ability. Your little one is still on the small side. Her body may look fully formed on the outside, but inside there's fine-tuning taking place, including her lungs and her brain. Your unborn baby still has some growing to do!This week your baby's weight hovers around two pounds and her length reaches about nine inches (crown to rump). While your baby-to-be's eyes are undergoing some changes, so are yours. Throughout your body you're retaining fluid—even in your corneas, the outer parts of the eyes. The Mayo Clinic reports that your corneas may be up to three percent thicker, but the fluid within your eyes decreases around 10 percent. With so many differences within your eyes it's not surprising you may experience blurred vision.
I took my 1 hour glucose test this week, which was not my favorite. They have you fast for 12 hours before and then you go in and drink this pure sugar drink that's supposed to taste like flat orange soda but it just tasted like orange crap and burned my throat. An hour later they take a couple of vials of blood and send you on your way. I've had blood drawn tons of times and it's always fine, but this time it hurt like a sonofabitch! I thought it was something to do with the pregnancy, or I was just turning into a pansy, but when I took my bandage off it looked like she had busted my vein. It looks a little better this morning, but I took a picture of my battlescar to share. Hopefully I pass this test and don't have to go back for the 3 hour glucose test and I don't end up having gestational diabetes. I'll find out next appointment.Edit: My OB just called and said I failed my test, which I honestly wasn't expecting at all. I have to go in for my 3 hour test now. I'm very upset about it...

1 comments:

~Jess said...

Good luck with your 3 hour test Jess!

PS - hate to tell ya this, but you were tagged on my blog

~jessis62781