CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 5, 2009

38 weeks!

And what a week it's been! Just when you think you can't get more tired or achy...oh boy, you do! I feel like I've been run over by a truck. I've begged and pleaded with babymurph to come out, but she seems perfectly content using my organs as punching bags. If she is trying to come out, she mistakenly believes that the way out is through mommy's belly button. Not that way, Charley! Let me tell you though...if I ever do get pregnant again which at the moment I'm doubting, I will appreciate every single day up until the last couple of weeks. I thought I was big and miserable before (huge eyeroll).
Babyzone.com has this gem on their site for 38 weeks "The pain of backaches and leg cramps are swallowed up in excitement about your baby's impending arrival." HA! Don't make me laugh too hard at that ridiculousness, babyzone. I might pee myself and think my water broke! The office started a baby pool. Whoever guesses the closest to when Charley is born gets a $10 starbucks gift card. Ironic that the prize is caffeinated beverages since I'll probably never sleep again. A few things to notice on the board. I wrote a threatening message on the first week of March "Pick this week and feel the wrath of jmurph!!!" Someone STILL picked March 4! Melissa-I wish you a hundred thousand episiotomies and 43 week pregnancies for being so cruel ;-) Also notice that *I* picked the soonest date. Obviously I'm delirious that I think she'll come on Feb 10th :-(
If you'd like to see a bigger picture of the babymurph pool, click on the image.How big is your baby? Babies sizes vary around the last several weeks of pregnancy, but most likely your baby is between 17 and 20 inches long (about the length of a leek) and weighs 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 pounds. She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old.
Edit: Just had my first internal. Wowzas did that hurt like hell! The news wasn't even worth it. He said I was a "dimple dilated" but not to read too much into it either way. Also I should expect some cramping and bleeding...more good news. She's going to be overdue...I just know it :(

0 comments: