CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 16, 2009

35 & 35

Today I am 35 weeks which means I only have 35 more days until my due date! I'm still wishing and hoping and praying that I'll go at least a week or two early, but only time will tell at this point. I've been SO SO SO hungry the past 4 days, I can't seem to eat enough throughout the day! Gauging by the size of my belly, and my appetite increase, I think Charley had a little growth spurt this week. She's pretty much moving non stop, I sit at work or home and just watch my belly go crazy. It's really amazing, I always wonder what she's doing or thinking. We can't wait to meet you Charley!
As your baby-to-be keeps growing, you may find even your maternity clothes fit tightly. Clothes aren't the only things getting tighter—your body's internal organs are running out of room, too. You'll have to take more breaths since your lungs have less space. Plan on smaller, more frequent meals too, since your stomach doesn't have room to expand. Remember, only a few more weeks to go! You may notice a tightening of your abdomen at times, especially if you've been on your feet all day. These false contractions, called Braxton Hicks, are normal.
At 35 weeks, your baby is considered full-term and she looks developed. The soft, fuzzy hairs that once covered her body begin to disappear. She continues to add fat layers, which will help her stay warm once she's out of the womb. During these last weeks, your baby is developed sleeping patterns (and they often have little to do with night and day!)Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that she's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 pounds, 10 ounces(pick up a honeydew). Because it's so snug in your womb, she isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times she kicks should remain about the same. Her kidneys are fully developed now, and her liver can process some waste products. Most of her basic physical development is now complete — she'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those heels, those heels!

How do you do it girl??!! Great shoes again, of course.

Henry said...

hey jess
look-in good.. in fact your look-in GREAT! but like the other person to leave a comment.... WHOA! how can ya still be wearing those heels ! or did ya photoshop them in. LOL

glad to hear that all is well
love
h+j

Anonymous said...

looking good! love the shoes =]