CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

34 Weeks!

Pregnancy has taken an unexpected turn this week. I've been having contractions for the past couple of nights. At first I thought I was finally getting braxton hicks contractions which I've heard people talk about, but when I realized they were starting to wrap around my back and get fairly intense I figured I'd better talk to my OB about it just in case. He said it's normal and false labor isn't really indicative of when I'll actually deliver. He said she could come anytime in the next 6 weeks (insert mini freakout here). I'm still trying to tell myself it will probably be 5-6 weeks so I don't get too anxious. But we are trying to prepare everything just in case she does come sooner.How your life's changing: By this week, fatigue has probably set in again, though maybe not with the same coma-like intensity of your first trimester. Your tiredness is perfectly understandable, given the physical strain you're under and the restless nights of frequent pee breaks and tossing and turning, while trying to get comfortable. Now's the time to slow down and save up your energy for labor day (and beyond). If you've been sitting or lying down for a long time, don't jump up too quickly. Blood can pool in your feet and legs, causing a temporary drop in your blood pressure when you get up that can make you feel dizzy.All About Baby: Your unborn baby's muscles are maturing along with the rest of her body. She can hold her head up and turn it from side to side. She'll practice her newfound muscle tone by stretching out her arms and kicking her legs. Your baby's eyes are now open when awake, and closed when sleeping. Most of the lanugo is gone and replaced with a thick coat of vernix. This week your baby is about 12.8 inches (crown to rump) and weighs nearly five pounds (about the weight of a cantaloupe).

1 comments:

Henry said...

hey jess... looking good... i remember some contractions or "false labor" that sent your mom to the hospital... i just happened to be with her... in all the "almost birth" excitment we tried to get the camera to work and got pictures of peoples feet... not too many days later you were born. xoxoxoxo h