20 weeks and happy as a clam as evident by this weeks picture :) I'm exhausted and oh so moody. Charley's been kicking me like crazy, if what everyone keeps saying is true and babies act similar to how they were on the inside, we are going to have one active baby on our hands. It's oh so cute to feel her until she gets close to my bladder and then I start to get nervous. One hard kick in the right direction and I'm not sure what will happen!Here's my (safe for work) naked lady of the week.
Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. She's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against her torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of her head to her bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, she's measured from head to toe.) She's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for her digestive system. She's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in her bowels, and you'll see it in her first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).
You're finally comfortable in your maternity clothes—your protruding baby bump proudly declaring you're going to be a mom, soon. In fact, you're halfway there! By now you're feeling your unborn baby wiggle and kick—which may be caused by your baby experiencing hiccups. Along with your progressing pregnancy, you may also notice more aches and pains. Your lower back and abdomen may be sore from your growing belly. Heartburn, indigestion, and flatulence are frequent as your expanding uterus allows less space for your stomach. Swelling, called edema, may make your hands and feet uncomfortable, too.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
20 Weeks!
Posted by Jessi_Murph at 9:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I am glad Charley is making herself known already. I am all for full self expression. I love you guys,JJ
Post a Comment