CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 5, 2008

"The Creation of Baby"

I shall call my 16 week picture "The Creation of Baby" since I'm being earpoked by the finger of God. I asked a co-worker of mine to take my 16 week belly pic today and when I finally got a chance to look at it I realized that I was being touched by the hand of God. That funniest part was that she had no idea what I was talking about when I called her laughing about it.
In the coming weeks you should start to feel your baby move. You'll only feel a flutter at first, but before long you'll be able to distinguish kicks and hiccups, too. As your baby-to-be gets bigger, expect more soreness in your abdomen and back. Your breasts may also feel sore and larger as the tissue fills in and readies for milk production. As pregnancy hormones continue to pulse through your system to direct your body in baby production, you may experience headaches, dizziness, and even mood changes.

By week 16, your baby-to-be's body is doing more to support itself. Her kidneys function and produce urine that then passes through the umbilical cord. Within her stomach, bile is secreted, although she relies on you for all of her nutrients. Her appearance changes as her scalp hair grows and may even have color. Her developing facial muscles make it possible for her to open and close her mouth, maybe even give you a smile or two. She's about the size of an avocado and weighs about 3 ounces.

0 comments: