Today we get to see babymurph for the very first time. Yes, we had an ultrasound at 8 weeks, but it was at the ER and the tech told us she wasn't allowed to show us anything, even though she did turn the screen our way for just a second to reassure me. Today we will see babymurph for hopefully a LONG time! Since this ultrasound is when they do all kinds of important measurements it usually takes 30 minutes to an hour....I'm hoping we're able to see him/her for an hour :)Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.
Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.
I gave up on my bikini artistry and resorted to the easier censor box. I still don't get why cartoon nakedness bothers me for my blog, but it does for whatever reason.
Hopefully I'll be able to post the pictures of babymurph later this evening. I'm so excited I think I might actually vomit!
Thursday, September 25, 2008
19 weeks and babymurph's first pic's!
Posted by Jessi_Murph at 10:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment