CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Starting to spread the news

Today we had my father, brother and Shaun's parents over for lunch and to celebrate a belated fathers day. I was nervous for them to open their fathers day gifts telling my dad he's going to be a grandfather and telling Shaun's dad he's going to be a grandfather again.

Here are the presents looking unsuspecting and definitely fathers day like and not "guess what you're going to be a grandfather" like.

Opening the seemingly unexciting gifts

Not getting it just yet

My Dad asking if it's a secret. "It was" was my answer :)

My dad got a shirt that said "rookie grandpa 2009", a book by Bill Crystal about how he felt when his daughter told him he was pregnant and I little onsie that said "Newbie". Shaun's dad got a coffee mug that said Classic Grandpa and a onsie that said "Kiss me I'm Irish"

Shaun's mom hasn't got it yet and somehow we didn't get pictures of the full on hug attack I got seconds after this.

We also got Shaun's mom a mug that says Grandma to bee again

And Justin got a shirt that said "Kiss me I'm an Uncle"

All and all it was a successful day and I was extremely relieved to tell my father. We're going in for the ultrasound tomorrow and I think we're going to start calling people this week....as soon as I can go see my mother to break the news.

0 comments: