CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Life immitating Sims

I woke up at 2am last night unable to go back to sleep, so I had plenty of time to think of how we got here. I decided in my 2am frazzled state that it all started with my cousin Caroline. Over Memorial Day weekend Shaun and I got to spend a couple of super fun days with some of my family in NY and Caroline decided the Sims character she had created after me was going to have a baby! Not only was Sims Jessica and Sims Shaun pregnant with our first Sims baby, but Sims Gadget was there too, doing lots of watching, playing, eating, sleeping, and pooping (much like real life).

Thank goodness Caroline had a cheat code and sped up the pregnancy for me so we wouldn't have to wait 9 months to see what my Sims baby was going to look like! So in about 3 minutes flat I went from married with a dog to knocked up and giving birth. I imagine Shaun will look this shocked in real life, so we're pretty accurate so far, Ms. Caroline.



She did warn me about the possibility of an alien baby, which makes me a little nervous that I'm going to pop out an alien in 9 months, but I'm 90% confident that it's a human baby in there.
I can't quite remember if the baby was a boy or a girl, but we'll say boy since that's the image I found to post along with this ridiculous blog entry.

And at 2am in the morning, wishing I could go back to sleep, worrying about a little alien Sims baby growing inside me (not really) and thinking about how I could tell Caroline that she started all this (because I know she will be thrilled when she finds out). I decided that Caroline will now be my 24 hour on call babysitter because I convinced myself that she had just as much to do with this little surprise as Shaun and I (again, not really...but it made me smile at 2am).

I love you Caroline, you little clairvoyant thing! And please don't make our Sims have twins or do anything crazy for a little while :-)~

0 comments: